The 3 main areas where conductive and antistatic MB can be utilized are:
- Static Control Compounds - these prevent damage due to high voltage sparks and surges.
- Spark prevention reduces the explosion hazard when handling hazardous dust or solvent products in packaging applications.
- Surge prevention is intended to protect electronic component during their assembly and whilst in use.
- Antistatic packaging
- Handling of electronic components
- Power cables & accessories
- The automotive industry
- Belts & hoses
- Rollers & seals
- Good conductivity
- Easy & excellent dispersion
- Easy mixing & processing
- Smooth surface finish
- Good balance of conductive, mechanical & flow properties
- High extrusion throughput
- An excellent price performance ratio
There are three levels of static protection which Conductive and Antistatic MB are supplied to meet, these are mainly expressed as SURFACE RESISTIVITY value.
- Conductive - SR <105 ohms/square
- Static Dissipative - from 105 to <109 ohms/square
- Antistatic - from 109 to <1014 ohms/square